Applying to Fisher Nursing Online
- Online application;
- Official transcripts from all previously attended institutions;
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals who currently work with the applicant and are qualified at the master’s level or higher in nursing (APRN preferred; physician and/or PA, NP, or CNS also accepted);
- A personal statement of 1-2 pages that discusses how the applicant’s clinical and professional background has prepared them to be successful at the graduate level, as well as professional goals and objective for obtaining an advanced degree in the applicant’s intended specialty;
- An updated résumé.
- Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP): Applicants are encouraged to have clinical experience in this specialty.
- Adult/Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AGACNP): Applicants must hold current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Certification and have a minimum of one year of current acute care clinical experience.
Undergraduate GPA and Prerequisites
- Health Assessment
- 575 paper-based
- 233 computer-based
- 80 Internet-based