Financial Aid Checklist
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Include the St. John Fisher College federal school code: 002821.
- Sign the FAFSA electronically using your Federal Student Aid (FSA) ID. You can create an FSA ID on the Federal Student Aid website, or when logging in to the FAFSA.
- If you wish to apply for the Federal Direct Student Loan, you must complete and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). You will need to review and accept your loan amount on Fish ‘R’ Net.
- First-time borrowers at St. John Fisher College will also need to complete loan entrance counseling and a Master Promissory Note (MPN) at Studentaid.gov in order for funds to be disbursed to their student account.
- If you have previously borrowed federal student loans, be sure to update your loan servicer(s) with contact information and enrollment status (for loan deferment purposes). Loan servicer contact information can be found at Studentaid.gov.
- Evaluate your need for additional funding such as the Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan through the Department of Education, or private education loans through various lenders of your choice.
- For more information on financial aid at St. John Fisher College, visit the Student Financial Services website.
- Visit Studentaid.gov for more information on Federal Student Aid programs and eligibility criteria.